India

Saturday, March 10, 2012

10 day adventure

So I have less than one month before I head back to Boston so I took a mini vacation.  My first stop was in Gurgaon, Haryana. I went to visit a former student, Ekam.  He was in my classroom in Boston.  Next I was off to Bangalore to spend a few days with Sanjay.  Then over to Mumbai to see some friends from Boston.  Kunal and Purvi.  Then one last stop to Jaipur, Rajasthan.  The only thing on my list regarding touring India was to spend Holi (festival of colors) in Jaipur.  Mission complete!!!  I invited one of the teachers to meet me in Jaipur.  We had a good time.  Minus the fact the first hotel was so gross...  After I quickly got that sorted out, we were picked up by another hotel. So wonderful.  It was clear to me that she had not really stayed in a proper hotel before.  Richa was telling me that the bed was so comfortable (a cheap spring mattress) and that she watched so much tv.  While showing me the remote she says "Mam, I push this and so much come!"  She showed me the channel up button.  She said she stayed up until 2am watching tv.  Haha, too funny.   We went on a camel ride, to some forts and to a elephant festival.  Take a look at the pictures.  We had a great time.

 https://picasaweb.google.com/campingchick3/EkamBangaloreMumbaiJaipurMarch2012?authkey=Gv1sRgCPK4-uO77aWMkgE&feat=email


No comments:

Post a Comment