India

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Agra- Taj Mahal

I spent a long weekend in Agra with Manishes father. I was invited to a very important wedding.  I was told that the drive from the school to Agra is about 4.5 hours.  7 hours later we reached Agra proper....  30 minutes after that we go to my hotel..  This place was called the Taj View.  Hahaha.. First off, my room had NO window.  I've never stayed in a room with no window before. Secondly, the "view" of Taj Mahal is like "turn your head to the left, look between the large sign and the tall building. There, far in the sunset. Don't you see it?" It was ridiculous.  The redeeming quality about this place was the very friendly female staff lady whom helped me with the pleats of my sareers.  She was very kind.

Taj Mahal was/is absolutely fantastic.  Pictures show its beauty but one really has to see it in person to really have its value.

  https://picasaweb.google.com/campingchick3/Agra2012?authkey=Gv1sRgCKKotaDd46qbrQE&feat=email

No comments:

Post a Comment